Today, our Contributing Writer Kerri Zaluski shares a recipe for chick pea pancakes.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp olive oil separated
- 1.5 tsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 1 drop Thyme Essential Oil
- Sift chickpea flour into a medium bowl, stir in salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in water to create a smooth batter. Stir in 2 tbsp olive oil and allow batter to sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees for about 10 minutes before ready to bake socca. Place 10 inch cast iron skillet in oven to heat.
- Add basil, rosemary and thyme to batter; whisk until smooth. Carefully remove skillet from oven using oven mitts and add 2 tbsp olive oil to skillet. Swirl to coat evenly and then immediately pour into batter.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edge begins to pull away and centre is firm. Remove skillet, turn over to broil.
- Brush socca with remaining tablespoon oil and broil 2-4 minutes until dark brown in spots. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Kerri is also a Young Living Distributor #2871977.