Today, our Contributing Writer Kerri Zaluski shares two recipes to rock your summer palate.
We are getting into the season for making and eating wonderful salads. A really great way to boost your health and nutrition is to experiment with your own salad dressings.
Grapefruit Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 or 2 drops Grapefruit oil, to taste
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- In a resealable glass container, add the grapefruit juice, olive oil, honey and 1 or 2 drops Grapefruit essential oil, to taste. Add a pinch of salt and pepper each. Shake vigorously.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss lightly.
Here is a great salad to try:
- 6 oz. bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large Grapefruit
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
In a large mixing bowl, toss together the watercress and baby spinach.
Add the diced avocado, sliced red onion and grapefruit. Toss in the blue cheese crumbles.
Add a pinch of salt and pepper each and the dressing.
Kerri is also a Young Living Distributor #2871977.