Today our contributing writer Jodi Robinson shares a quick dinner recipe.
If you love Thai-based meals, you are bound to enjoy this tangy dish that offers several simple variations.
Prep time: 30-minutes
Number of servings: 2-3
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup each sliced purple cabbage, carrots, red onion
- 1/2 bottle pc blue menu peanut sauce
- green leaf lettuce
- ~ 1 cup cooked brown rice noodles (or plain brown rice)
- finely chopped fresh cilantro (to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped raw peanuts
- sweet chili sauce (optional to garnish)
- Heat oil in medium frying pan and add chicken. Cook chicken until internal temperature of 74 degrees is reached. Break apart into bite-sized pieces.
- Add sauce along with onion, cabbage, and carrots and sauté until tender.
- Once chicken mixture is complete, wash and lay out lettuce leaf. Top with spoonful of chicken mixture, spoonful of brown rice noodles, cilantro, raw peanuts, and sweet chili sauce. Wrap lettuce around mixture and secure with a toothpick.
- Alternatively, you may omit the lettuce wrap and use chicken mixture as a stir-fry topped on or below rice/noodles.