Today our contributing writer Jodi Robinson shares a great recipe for filling, high fibre pancakes.
These pancakes are high in protein and fibre to help you feel satisfied with stable energy throughout the morning.
Makes one serving
Prep time: 5-10 minutes (you can save time by making a batch of the dry ingredients and storing in an individual container so it’s ready to go whenever you are!)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dry oats
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (or whole grain pancake mix)
- 1 tbsp ground flax or chia seed
- A few tbsp milk
- ¼ cup berries (fresh or frozen)
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well. Add dry ingredients. Then, add just enough milk so that batter is wet but still quite thick.
- Melt 1 tsp non-hydrogenated margarine or butter in a pan. Add batter (makes 1 very large pancake or several small ones). Cook on low-medium heat until top of pancake(s) start to bubble and flip till cooked evenly.
- Serve with a bit of maple syrup and/or plain/vanilla yogurt on top.